Thursday, January 15, 2015

FRUGAL MEAL IDEAS - GROUND BEEF MONGOLIAN BEEF

I love this idea - exotic food with easy ingredients - my kind of meal! Especially when most of the ingredients come from my pantry.




GROUND BEEF MONGOLIAN BEEF

1 lb extra-lean ground beef
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbs dry white wine
2 tbs sherry
2 tbs rice vinegar (my substitution)
1/2 cup baby carrots, cut in chunks (my addition)
1/4 tsp grated ginger
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp creamy peanut butter
2 tbs dark sesame oil for frying
1/2 cup chopped scallions
rice



Heat a wok or large heavy skillet.  Add sesame oil.  Add ground beef, carrots and garlic and brown well.  Continue browning until all the meat juice is evaporated.  Add all other ingredients except the scallions.  Stir well and heat until sauce is reduced by 50%--about 5 minutes.  Serve over rice.  Top with chopped scallions.


No comments:

Post a Comment